[TYPO3-english] Re: [TYPO3 7.6] 404 error page: wrapped in (hex) numbers

I got the same kind of error. It only happens if the error page url is a TYPO3
URL, but not if it is a static HTML file.

The problem is caused by TYPO3 sending the error page with HTTP headers,
message length encoded as 4 character hex number and HTML code.

I "solved" the problem for me by adding a static HTML file 404.html (HTML code
copied from the TYPO3 error page) and using that file.