Re: [TYPO3-english] $TCA image filelist-module is not beening updated

Hi Muriel,

Op 4-1-2017 om 15:58 schreef Muriel le Pair:
> Op 22-12-16 om 18:41 schreef Jacco van der Post:
>> Did you also check the model of tx_news?
>
> Yes, but I don't understand how the domain model is intertwined with the
> TCA.
>
> If I add a image in the BE of TYPO3, I would expect that this is taken
> care of by the TCA.
>
> So could somebody please give me a hint.

It ain't that hard ;-) Simple example; in the model

    /**
     * Thumbnail
     *
     * @var \TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Domain\Model\FileReference
     */
    protected $thumbnail;

    /**
     * Sets the Thumbnail
     *
     * @param \TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Domain\Model\FileReference $thumbnail
     * @return void
     */
public function setThumbnail(\TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Domain\Model\FileReference $thumbnail)
    {
        $this->thumbnail = $thumbnail;
    }

    /**
     * Returns the Thumbnail
     *
     * @return \TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Domain\Model\FileReference
     */
    public function getThumbnail()
    {
        return $this->thumbnail;
    }

In the TCA of the record:

        'thumbnail' => [
            'label' => 'bla',
'config' => \TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\ExtensionManagementUtility::getFileFieldTCAConfig(
                'thumbnail',
                array(
                    'appearance' => [
'createNewRelationLinkTitle' => 'LLL:EXT:cms/locallang_ttc.xlf:media.addFileReference'
                    ],
                    'maxitems' => 1,
                ),
                $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['GFX']['imagefile_ext']
            ),
        ],

And of course thumbnail should be in the interface and show item definitions in the TCA.
In ext_tables.sql

thumbnail int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,

will do. You need to update the database in the install tool after editing the sql.
--
Kind Regards

Jacco van der Post