Re: [TYPO3-english] Only one mirror left for main extension repository?

Hi!

Okay, so it's not a bug, it's a feature. ;)

I was just a bit surprised to see all mirrors gone, guess others may be wondering as well.
Just to be sure: I only checked that setting yesterday because the
default "random"-entry caused some downloads to fail. It appeared like
our installation was still trying to download from deleted mirrors (TU
Clausthal AFAIR) which were completely unresponsive. I guess you may
have been using round-robin DNS entries? If that's the case, was it just
caching on our side or could there still be old records left over from
before mirror removal? Were all former mirrors already shut down or
should they still be replying to queries?
Since there's already an announcement in preparation, maybe I just
happened to run into this at a bad moment (a bit too early).
Thanks again,
Daniel