[TYPO3-english] font size - drop down

I have found this dropdown menu and also the css - code can be seen below. It is working fine, but I simply don´t mange to change the font size on the drop down menu
At the moment the main menu is one font size, but when the drop down shows
the menu items underneath the font size should be smaller..
So what I try to do is

----menu item1 (14px)
             - menu2 (12px)
             - menu3 (12px)

is should be could fixed with css, but no matter what I change it don´t work.
}
lib.menu = HMENU
lib.menu {
 ### Erste Ebene ###
   1 = TMENU
   1 {
     wrap = <ul class="menu">|</ul>
     expAll = 1
NO.wrapItemAndSub = <li onmouseover="show(this)" onmouseout="hide(this)">|</li>
     ACT < .NO
     ACT = 1
     ACT.ATagParams = class="active"
   }

   ### Zweite Ebene ###
   2 = TMENU
   2 {
     wrap = <ul onmouseover="show(this)" onmouseout="hide(this)">|</ul>
     NO.allWrap = <li>|</li>
   }
}

and the css

#menu {
position: absolute;
font-size:17px;
Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
color: #ffffff;
left:20px;
top:155px;
height:10px;
width: 900px;
z-index:100;
margin:0px;

}

#menu a {
Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:17px;

color: #ffffff;
Text-decoration: none;

}

#menu a:hover{
Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:17px;
color: #ff0000;
Text-decoration: none;

}

ul.menu, ul.menu ul {
Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:10px;
color: #ffffff;
   list-style-type: none;
   margin:0px;
   padding:0px;

}

ul.menu a {
Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:10px;
color: #ffffff;
   display: block;
   font-weight:normal;
   padding-right:45px;
   padding-bottom:10px;

   }

ul.menu ul a {
Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:10px;
color: #ffffff;
   padding: 0 10px;
   padding-left: 10px;

}

ul.menu li {
Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:10px;
color: #ffffff;
   padding:0;
   margin:0;
   background-image: none;
   float:left;

}

ul.menu ul {
Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:10px;
color: #ffffff;
   margin-left:0;
   padding-right: 20px;
   padding-left: 20px;
   position: absolute;
   background-color: #666666;
   border:1px solid #ffffff;
   display:none;
   min-width:100px;

}

/* IE-Hack für die Breite */
*html ul.menu ul {
   width:165px;
Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:10px;
color: #ffffff;

}

/* Dies sind die Klassenstile für das Untermenü wenn sich die Maus */
/* über der Liste  befindet (.hover siehe JavaScript oben) */
ul.menu ul.hover, ul.menu li.hover ul, ul.menu li:hover ul  {
Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:10px;
   display:block;
   padding-left:0px;
   padding-right:0px;
color: #ffffff;

}

ul.menu ul li {
Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:12px;
color: #ffffff;
   float:none;
   background-color: transparent;