Re: [TYPO3-dev] The concept behind the model-array?

Hi Walter,

> thank your for your answer. Sorry, but I don't understand really how to
> benefit from that array. Perhaps I have to explain what I am trying to do.
>
> I have a input field in my template. Now I want to query the database with
> the input value of that field, so I am going to have controller action, which
> is fired by the form. Ok.
>
> But how can I access the input value from my model, so I can query my db
> according to the given value? I can't see how to manage the chain...
> So I hope you don't mind, I ask that stupid questions :-)

Your first post seemed to be about a totally different issue? So you're
now simply looking for a way on how to access the equivalent for piVars
from inside the model? Just hand the controller over to the model and
grab it from there.

$result = $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->exec_SELECTquery($fields, $tables,
$where, $groupBy, $orderBy);
if($result) {
        while($row = $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->sql_fetch_assoc($result)) {
                // assuming that you're currently working in your controller,
hand
"$this" over to the model as second parameter
                $entry = new tx_lib_object($row,$this);
                $this->append($entry);
        }
}

 From inside the model you simply do this then:

$this->controller->parameters->get('fieldname');

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch