Re: [TYPO3-dev] GraphicsMagick Problems in current trunk - can someone confirm?

Hi,
> I just installed a fresh TYPO3 with current trunk as basis and run the
> image tests. However those tests fail for tests with the identify
> command (pcx, tga, pdf, ai) as there is no option named "profile".
>
> TYPO3 tries to execute:
> /usr/X11R6/bin/gm identify +profile '*'
> /var/www/typo3test/typo3/sysext/install/imgs/jesus.pcx[0]
>
> Working would be for example:
> /usr/X11R6/bin/gm identify
> /var/www/typo3test/typo3/sysext/install/imgs/jesus.pcx[0]
>
> Error: /usr/X11R6/bin/gm identify: Unrecognized option (+profile).
>
> Is this a TYPO3 bug, a GM bug or a general bug (did not test with
> ImageMagick) or no bug at all?

there have been some changes in trunk lately, that will by default force
IM or GM to strip all ICC profiles (or alike) from created/scaled
images, which is reducing the size of images on some pages
significantly. The command that get's added is "+ profile '*'", which
should work for most IM and GM versions and can be configured/set in the
install-tool (if not, it's missing). I think '-strip' is also working in
old IM versions, whereas "+profile '*'" might only work in newer IM
versions - but I'm not sure. Please have a look in the core list and
search for "reduce image size" or something - there you should find the
according discussion about that topic.
--
kind regards,
Franz Koch