Re: [TYPO3-dev] Hooks with interface

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> yes, something like that - latest RFCs with new hooks were all rejected
> if they don't come with an interface.

I do not remember that core team decided to support only interfaces for hooks.
There were talks about it but there were no decision. It is also against
existing practice in the core. Therefore such rejections will not be valid.

Of course I do not monitor every patch request but this is something we should
discuss. I am against rejecting hooks due to this reason. Interafces are very
inflexible: once defined, they cannot be changed. Existing way with userFunc is
much more flexible. Adding parameters is very easy with userFunc. It is a big
advantage.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team