Re: [TYPO3-dev] RFC: public extension review process

 Franz Koch wrote:

> But besides of that I'd vote for a 'official' extension repository - a
> repository where there is only 1 extension for the most common
> purposes and not 20 doing almost the same (like galleries, guestbooks,
> calendars,...) and where all extensions instantly work together.
> I think the ECT would be very well suited for that as it exactly tries
> to achieve this - but a little more 'official' support would be nice.

...and isn't this contrary to the idea of Open Source software.

One of the best bits is that the TER works more like a Bazaar than a
Cathedral.

http://catb.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/cathedral-bazaar/index.html

If people have not read this classic, then I commend it to them.

Fr. Simon Rundell SCP
Parish of S. Thomas the Apostle, Elson
The Vicarage, 21 Elson Road,
Gosport, Hants, PO12 4BL