[Typo3-dev] session data persistence weirdness - my fault, or bug?

  • From: kuhn at punkt.de (Rainer Kuhn)
  • Date: Tue Jul 12 01:20:24 2005

Karsten Dambekalns wrote:
> Is this a bug? I doubt it, because it *must* have been noticed already.

I was aware of this, but I thought it's expected behaviour:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/Storing_user_data_or/

"Userdata is data, that follows login users. As soon as a login user is
logged out, these data are no more accessible and cannot be altered.

Session data is data, that follows the user currently browsing the site.
This user may be a login-user, but his session-data is bound to the
"browsing-session" and not to the user-id of his. This means, that the very
same person will carry this data still, even if he logs out. As soon as he
closes his browser, his data will be gone though."

Rainer