[Typo3-dev] session data persistence weirdness - feedback please!

  • From: peter.russ at 4many.net (Peter Russ)
  • Date: Tue Jul 12 01:20:24 2005

Martin Kutschker wrote:

>>Using the dreaded example of the shopping basket, this obviously can be
>>filled without a valid FE login.
>

> BTW, is there some kind of hook to track anonymous sessions? I.e. I want to
> store each newly created *anonymous* session in the db, so I can have a true
> how-many-are-online feature. Last time I checked the new session is only
> sent as a cookie to the client.
In FE all session data is stored in fe_session_data and logged user in
fe_sessions. Depending of the cookies lifetime and if the browser
excepts the cookie you can calculate more or less exactly the number of
total users, anonymous and logged. To get better numbers there should be
a fallback that sends session_ids as part of the uri (ref to good old
PHPLIB).

Regs. Peter.