[Typo3-dev] Problem with class.t3lib_extfilefunc.php class

  • From: jer at moccompany.com (Jan-Erik Revsbech)
  • Date: Tue Jul 12 01:17:14 2005

Hello everybody, I have a small problem concerning on of my recently
published extensions namely the moc_filemanager extension. It is a extension
for createing fileshares on an intranet, and hence need a lot of
filesupport(Upload, delete, rename etc.), and I decided to use the functions
available in TYPO3 for this. These are implemented in the class
t3lib_extFileFunctions

The problem is sometimes when uploading, deleting or renaming files, I get
this error

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
/var/www/typo3_src-3.5.0/t3lib/class.t3lib_extfilefunc.php on line 767

In the class this is the lines:
 function writeLog($action,$error,$details_nr,$details,$data) {
  $type=2; // Type value for tce_file.php

$GLOBALS["BE_USER"]->writelog($type,$action,$error,$details_nr,$details,$dat
a);
 }
thus creating records in the BE log file.

Can anybody figure out why I get this error, and why it is only sometimes?
If I comment out the line, everything works fine. I then un-comment the line
again, and everything still works like a charm! But only for a while...

As the error is not consistent, I would expect it to be some sort of Cache
problem but I have been unable to elucidate further.

Regards
Jan-Erik
MOC Company
www.moccompany.com